1. We skipped dinner one day because we needed more time to teach and find people! So we go to Jim's house, an 87 year old investigator, and hes like,"I was born a Lutheran, I am going to die a Lutheran." But we taught him about the Plan of Happiness that God has for us. (The first time he met us he said we could only come over once a month.) We explained to him what happens after we die and we used some scriptures from the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson we offered to give him a Book of Mormon and he was like,"I'm going to have to decline....actually.....I'll take it.. I'll read it. Then he said we could come back in a week:) He's so cute and he has the coolest house!
2. We have been taking cold showers for a week straight!!!! I feel like Im getting the 3rd world country missionary experience.. aside from the brand new car I drive everywhere haha..perks to being in the states for a mission!
3. I did 16 hours of service this week! It was like heaven, my favorite part about the mission is service! We go visit all of these old people and sick people, then we worked the face painting booth at a fair.. we helped with a garage sale, we helped a sister in our ward move out.. it was great! We are only supposed to do 10 hours of service a week but I went on exchanges which means I went to a different area and I didn't have a choice! So it was fun:)
4. There's a new family in our ward and they are a young couple. We went to their home last night for dinner and both of them are return missionaries! It was so fun talking to them and then she gave us a bunch of her clothes she was getting rid of! It was awesome:)
5. So we were having a hard time finding people who wanted to learn about the Gospel...we were visiting some people who said we could come back but we weren't having any luck! So we said.. "That's it! Next person we see is going to be a new investigator!" Then we prayed to Heavenly Father to help us. So we go up to this house and we here a women yelling.. then a man comes to the door and looks through the window and doesn't open the door.. then the lady comes to the door and she looked at us like we were crazy. So we started talking to her and told her who we were. We found out her uncle and grandma are mormon. We gave her a spanish Book of Mormon and told her about how it will help strengthen her family. She wanted us to come back next week! So, Heavenly Father totally answered our prayer and it was so cool and I just know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. He is in all the details of our lives!
6. So we accidently drove down a dark alley (in our car) and we were freaked out and then this huge dog comes out from behind a dumpster and my companion and I both screamed, it was super funny!!
Love you guys!