Sunday, October 12, 2014

So Many Investigators!!

This week has been really great. I've been so blessed. I was asked to give a training in Missionary Leadership Training (MLC) with Sister Anderson. I was asked on Tuesday and we gave it Thursday. I was so so scared and I felt very inadequate to give it but went pretty well! Our topic was "Using Members with Boldness". I was also asked to give a talk in Sacrament  Meeting on Sunday. That talk went really well Imthought, thanks to Heavenly Father. Then this week I am giving another training in Zone Conference. Lots of opportunity to grow!

Also, we found 3 new investigators this week! Which is awesome because I'm not that good at finding new investigators! Webare getting better!

Some of the people we are teaching....
David Heaton- a less active and he knows he needs to come to church but he hasn't yet! Stinker!
The Matney's- a part-member family/ investigators. I thought they hated me because I asked them to read the Book of Mormon and they were offended. Turns out they don't hate me! We left some cute things on their door and thats all it took to gain their love back! Now we just read from the Bible.
Bro McNeely- investigator. I guess he was talking to himself in the parking lot at church... so we're a little concerned he may not have all his marbles, if you know but i mean. But he's pretty great. I like him. He reads, prays and goes to church! So hopefully he will know it is true soon!
Javier- investigator. He's only 14 and he has read 10 chapters in the Book of Mormon!! He's so awesome and loves when we come over! But we teach him with his brothers who are young single adult age. So web might have to give them to the young single adult missionaries. bummer.
Chris- an investigator. He almost got baptized when he was 12! But his parents told him no, he is 30 now. Webthink he will get baptized. Hensaid he is going to read the Book of Mormon and look into Joseph Smith!! yay!
Paul- less active/recent convert. He talks so quiet.. we just guess what he is saying most of the time. but he is very nice. He works on Sundays:( we are trying to get him to talk to his manager or take some sort of leap of faith but there is a language barrier.. he's from the Philippians.
Sister Shirts- Sister Shirts is inactive because of health reasons mostly, but she is the one who cant walk and has bad health problems. We teach her every week and I love her so much. Her and I get along really well! She  just tells me about everything. It's so cute.
Colleen- our neighbor who is a new investigator! She is sooo sweet and I'm so excited to teach her the fullness of the Gospel.
Susie- investigator. Her boyfriend is Mormon and she has a kid. She has been going through a lot lately and she is excited to start meeting with us!
Heavenly Father has blessed us with a lot of people to teach!

I'm so so excited for General Conference this weekend!!!! For those who are not LDS.... General Conference is when the Prophet and Apostles speak to the whole church across the World. You should listen so you can know were not crazy:) love you guys!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/10?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment