Thursday, January 29, 2015

I Know that God Lives

Well I don't feel much like talking about my week, it wasn't that exciting. But I did want to share with you what I  have come to know on my mission.

I  know that God is real. He has answered my prayers time and time again and if you look around you and you look for the blessings, you will see God's hand in your life. I know He loves us and knows us perfectly and He only wants what is best for us. Any trial that He gives us is for us to become stronger. God is not selfish, He is perfectly selfless. So if we want to be more like God, we also need to become selfless, this is where true happiness is found. 

I know that Jesus Christ is separate from God but one with God in purpose. He came and suffered for our sins and pains of this world. He knows exactly what we have to face in this life. I know this because I have felt him relieve burdens I was carrying and I feel his strength everyday. Being a missionary is hard and I know I cant do it alone. I know His strength is what gets me through. This is His church and His work. I know He loves me and I have come to know Him more personally and the sacrifice He made for me to return to live with Heavenly Father again. I know Jesus Christ lives and He will strengthen you and I in our lives if we let Him. I was talking to a young man this week that said,"I have never felt the help from Jesus Christ. I just don't get it." I said,"Well.. you haven't been to church, prayed or read the scriptures, how do you expect Him to help you?" It's like dangling from a cliff and asking for help but not taking the hand when it is offered. We have to act. We have to do something to come closer to Christ, He can only do so much until we decide to follow Him and accept His help.

I know that this life is a time to prepare to meet God. We only have trials and set backs to prepare us to see His face again. Each trial we have can bring us closer to Him. I know He sends angels to watch over us. 

I am just so grateful for all my friends that I have made on my mission, and all my friends in Utah and all my friends at home in Colorado Springs, and anywhere else I have friends. I am so grateful for my family that give me so much love! Thank you for all of the support, letters, emails and encouragemnt! Have a good week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment