Monday, June 23, 2014

I'm In Long Beach!!!

Hey friends!!! Im in Long Beach!!!! Its like paradise everyday, literally! My first day in the mission I woke up at 3:45 am, went to the travel office at 4:30 am, slept on the bus, caught a plane at 8:30 am, arrived in Long Beach at 9:30 am, because of the hour time difference it was actually a 2 hr flight. Then I went through some training, met my companion, went to dinner, taught four families and went to bed at 10:30 pm. It was the longest day ever!!!! I was so exhausted after the first day it was ridiculous. You know how much I love my sleep! Anyways, first impression of my new companion was like.. woah, she is way too happy! It bugged me at first because we would go teach someone and it would be awful. Their kids would be running around and there would be a lot distractions and when we were done she would be like,"I love them, their kids are so cute",and I'm like thinking..."Their kids were awfulllllllll!!!" lol but it has actually been a huge blessing that she is so positive. I have learned a lot from it and I think it's rubbing off on me:) So my first lesson, I didn't talk at all. We taught this really short philippino named Paul... haha and he reminds me of the girl from pitch perfect, the one that is super quiet!! I cant understand a word he says because he sounds just like her! So anyways, we go to teach him and he has two kids that were screaming and running and playing around us. I was thinking.. they didn't teach us how to handle this in the MTC!! So that was my first lesson:)

If I got a paper plate award for this week it would be,"Most likely to walk up to the wrong car and mess up the names of the people we are praying for", Mckayla, McKenna, Melissa, Marisa, whatever it's all the same! Heavenly Father knew what I meant!

We did service for this family this week and we were emptying a cabinet full of fabric and it was sooooo nasty because there were rat pellets and holes in the fabric from the rats. And! she wants to give it away....gross! 

I took lots of pictures this week but I forgot the cord to hook my camera up to the computer so I will send those next week for sure!!

On a more spiritual note, I have never felt closer to my Heavenly Father. I love talking to people and hearing about all of the things they they are going through in their life. I love feeling the Spirit in our lessons and my most favorite part of a lesson is hearing an investigator say a prayer. Mormon or not, it is a beautiful thing to hear someone pray to God when they haven't prayed to him before. Bringing people closer to Jesus Christ, to bring them happiness makes everything worth it. I am a work in progress though, I'm not a very good teacher yet. My companion does a lot of the work. I guess it just takes time!

I'm excited because my roommates are really into fitness and health, so we are doing a 40 day fast with no sugar for missionary work. I'm going through serious withdrawls!

I really want to tell you more about the people I have been working with but I am running out of time so I will definately make that a priority next week. I love you all!!!! have a good week:)
And if you have time, read and ponder 2 Peter 1:4-7 and Mormoni 10:32 in the Book of Mormon. These really touched me this morning when I was doing my personal study so I thought I would share! 

BYE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment