Monday, June 30, 2014

Cypress, CA

Hello friends!! Another week in the mission field, in paradise!!! I'm in Cypress, California. I can't remember if I told you guys that:) and I love it sooo much. So, I decided that the mission is really fun because I really like people watching. The mission is people watching times 10 because you talk to all kinds of people, including the weird ones! It's sweet:) lol I'm starting to talk more when we go teach people and stuff so thats good! I'm getting better! were playing volleyball today and I'm soooo excited!! 

I don't know how to talk about my investigators without telling too much. But basically we are teaching this older guy and he is so awesome! He askes really good questions and he has been coming to church. The weirdest part about him is that we found out on Sunday that his brother got baptized but he didn't even know about it! Anyways, I love teaching him. We haven't taught the Word of Wisdom to him yet so it was a little awkward when he took a smoke break on Sunday... oops. :) ( The Word of Wisdom is a law of health revealed by the Lord for the physical and spiritual benefit of His children...The Lord revealed which foods are good for us to eat and which substances are not good for the human body. He also promised health, protection, knowledge, and wisdom to those who obey the Word of Wisdom.) It's ok though. Then we have been teaching some other less active members. They are my favorite to teach because they already know the basics and we just have to help them reconnect with the church. Most of them want to come to church but they work on Sundays or they are really busy or they have something that gets in the way. It's fun teaching them because we can have really deep conversations. 

Oh! So, I'm in a running mission and we run for 20 minutes per day. On Tuesday when we were running, I tripped and fell flat on my face. lol. classic!! I didn't get any cuts or anything! So that was good! The highlight of my week was when we were walking to go to this one person's house and there were a bunch of boys playing outside. They were highschool age, and they had this really cool football machine that throws the football at you really fast!!! It was so fun, they let me try it! We said that if we catch it then they have to hear our message. My companion couldn't catch it though... lol oh well. Another great thing about missionary work is watching people feel the Holy Ghost and figure out the truth for themselves because we are just here as guides. The church is true, so people are able to figure it out on their own. 

I love it here. And I thought the rules were going to be really hard to follow but they actually arent! Because being obedient brings miracles so you just obey without asking questions and it makes you happy since you don't feel any guilt!! So that was my week:)

shout out to....
Karli Fehr! I met this guy who said,"all this sort of stuff" :) It made me smile and think of you. How is being home in utah??

Ashlee Herrera and Carol!! I seriously wish you were  my companions! We could be a trio!!

Tanya Fratecceli!! I love you! I think about you a lot since I'm in Cali. Miss you tons!

Till next week!


Service day!!:)


My district in Cypress...


My companion and I!


My companion is so nice, she decorated our bathroom for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment