Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Don't Forget to Pray

HELLO:) I miss you people. This week has been full of ups and downs! I think every week is though. 4th of July was kind of awful because it was a regular workday for us but everyone else was celebrating. Like, they were all drunk. We had to wash beer off our hands lol gross.

Anywaysss the other days were awesome! I have enjoyed my mission a lot more now that I have been taking on more responsibility. Now, I contribute more in lessons and my companion and I alternate days that we lead planning session in the morning. So as a missionary, my companion and I spend 30 minutes working out/running in the morning. Then we get ready and have personal study for an hour. During this time I usually read the scripures and try to learn as much as I can! Then we spend 2 hours preparing for the day. Like, we actually plan lessons that we will be teaching people and we have a thought of the day that we can share with people we didn't plan on seeing. So when we teach someone we are always prepared for the Spirit to guide us! It must sound weird to people who aren't   Mormon or Christian to say that the Spirit guides you. But its like when you have a bad feeling something is going to happen and then it does! In that same way, the Spirit can help us know what to say to people. Its pretty cool.

During the day we go to our lessons but we also talk to EVERYONE. Everyone we see on the street we talk to because everyone is a child of God and our purpose is to bring people closer to the Savior. So thats what we do! We talk to everyone:) It's pretty great but I'm pretty awkward. So the other day I was praying to Heavenly Father (we do that a lot too) and I asked Him how I can become the missionary that He wants me to be. Then I was reading in the scriptures and it said in the Book of Mormon, "...By laboring with all the might of (your) body and the faculty of (your) whole soul...", I changed the words a little bit because I truly felt like Heavenly Father was talking to me. So I just want you all to know that Heavenly Father hears us. The more that I am here, the more I understand how true the Gospel is! 
This week we did tons of service for people so I have an awesome missionary tan! Woohoo, it's official. I fit in now. I have a watch tan.... I've never had one of those before. haha.

 Alright, well I love you all and I hope you have a great week:) Remember to say your prayers <3


No comments:

Post a Comment