Monday, October 5, 2015

I Know The Church Is True!

This week was so much batter than last week!! We found 7 new investigators, all of which I love and adore. I hope they all stick around! We got invited into so many homes this week and it was so nice. Even people on the street didn't reject us like they did last week. Most of them would hear what we had to say. ok..I'm starting to like it here:)

Two nights ago we were knocking on our last door of the night looking for a member of our ward that no one has seen in awhile. But its really dark out and we go to knock. We see something that scurried across the porch. My companion ran away and didn't want to knock...haha... and she thought it was a raccoon or a rat but it was just a possum. So then we decided to knock anyway and I was scared, I thought the possum was going to attack me but it didn't! And this really nice lady came to the door and she sat down with us and wanted to learn more. Unfortunately it was our curfew but miracles really do happen at the end of the night. I have learned to never go in early!

We had many more miracles and great things happen this week. We found 7 new investigators and our area is growing. 

As a whole church we had General Conference this weekend, which was awesome, some things that stood out to me:

"We dont need to be more of anything to start becoming who God wants us to be."

"Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey."

"Direction is more important than speed."

"You are rich when you live happily within your means and have lengthy conversation when you date." haha...

"Investigators learn when they are ready to learn, not when we are ready to teach them."

"The calling of a missionary is about the Lord's work and Heavenly Father's children."

"Ponderize" weekly

"Don't be too ciritical of the barrier, its the only thing keeping you from being devoured"

"Come what may and love it."

"Challenges make us more like our father in heaven."

Those are just a few!! But I actually met the new apostle, Elder Rasband on my mission. I have also met Elder Maynie and Elder Cook. :) super cool. 

I know that this church is TRUE. I love the gospel. I know that these apostles are called of God and so is our prophet, Thomas S Monson. I know it because I can feel it when they speak. i know they are speaking the words of Christ. They make me want to be batter. They are trying to help us be happy and those are the words Christ would speak if He was here.

I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment