Monday, October 19, 2015

To Be Others-Oriented


Hello everyone!!

My week was good! Some highlights,

We knocked on this door and this girl opens and she is SO excited to see us! It was so cute. She is 16 and she plays volleyball. I guess the missionaries before us used to go "hang out" over there. She let us teach her the first lesson. The Spirit was really strong and she is really prepared! Im really excited about her, we are going to see her tonight!

On Saturday was Arge's baptism, it was a glimpse of heaven! Heavenly Father gives us glimpses of heaven on our missions. Friday to Saturday, we were on exchanges, so I was actually with Sister P (remember, I trained her last year!) So it was really fun to be with her again! We drove to the baptism in Huntington Beach at 9am. We got there at the same time as Arge, I ran up to greet her. Some of her family came that arent members of the church which was really cool! I gave the talk on baptism. I wasn't as prepared as Id like to be due to a crazy busy week, but I prayed really hard before and I think it went ok! Then her brother, who is also a member, was able to baptize her, it was just so cool, I cant even explain it! I forgot my camera today but next week I will send pictures:) When someone decides to be baptized, the world gets a little better:)

My Mission President is really big on making a vision for our mission. My vision used to be "to be physically, spiritually, and mentally swoll by the end of my mission." But about 4 months ago my vision changed, now it is "to be others-oriented." I dont think I can totally achieve that before the end of my mission but it is more of a life-time vision. I know that when we think of others more than ourselves, we become happier. We find ourselves because there is more of us to find and Jesus Christ teaches us after He washes His disciple's feet, in the book of John he says, "After ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them." This may be one of my favorite scriptures! Not long after Jesus Christ said those words, He did the most self-less thing anyone could ever do. Jesus Christ took upon Himself the sins, pains, sicknesses, and feelings of all the World. Jesus Christ descended below all things so that He can comfort us when we need it. He descended below all things so that we can live in joy for all eternity instead of misery. Jesus Christ descended below all things because He loves us and I know this is His church because I come closer to Him every time I read the Book of Mormon and every time I read the words of our Prophet. Jesus Christ is real and He can give us hope when it seems like there can be no hope. 

Ok well I wish I had more time! I love you all:) 

Pics from Arge's baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment