Monday, November 23, 2015

Do Something That Will Bring You Closer to Jesus Christ

We had a really great week, here's a preview...

There is a homeless lady that goes through the dumpsters looking for plastic bottles around our apartment. So now instead of using our water bottles, we busy plastic ones so we can give them to her. It makes her very happy when we give her our plastic bottles:) This week we gave her cookies too! We are good friends although we cant understand each other very well, she is originally from somewhere outside of the country.

Another homeless man we are friends with is named Jerry. He pulls around everything he owns on a cart. We walk the same streets so we talk to him often, he is a really sweet old man:)

Some of you may be wondering what I am going to do when I get home. Im really not sure yet! I am going to wait and see what doors of opportunity present themselves when I get home. Ive thought about joining the Air Force, going to UCCS, BYU, online degrees etc... but I don't have a definite answer for you.

This week we did service with the Temple Baptist Church. The pastor and his wife are the nicest people! We helped assemble backpacks for elementary school kids and high school kids. Altogether 209 backpacks were made:) There is something really special about working side by side with another church, it feels right, we should all work together and love each other!

One of my favorite parts of this week was doing Family Home Evening with the Frederick's. So the Frederick family is related to some people that I used to teach in Huntington Beach and when I came here they heard about me and we got along right away! They are a young family and their mother just moved in with them, her name is Carry. She seems so prepared to hear the lessons so I am really excited to teach her!!

When we got to this area we were starting from scratch. We had no one to work with! Now we have a little over 10 investigators and 6 less actives we meet with weekly. We also have found a lot of part member families to work with. Its been really awesome to see the area grow! I learned that it comes a little bit at a time. It doesn't come over night so we just need to be patient and have faith. Then you will look at the changes that happened and see God's hand in everything. I will apply that lesson for the rest of my life, we need to be patient and everything will work out. Even if you don't see the blessing day to day, when you look back you will see them:)

If you asked me the reason why I came on a mission before I came I would have said, "Because I know that I can be closer to Jesus Christ than any other time in my life." This is so true, I do feel like I am closer to him than ever before! But I also learned that I can keep that feeling with me always not just on my mission. It comes through prayer, through scripture study, and through going to church. It comes through sharing the Gospel with others and serving people. We don't need to be on a mission to do those things! So I invite everyone who reads this email to do something that will bring you closer to your Savior! I only ask you because I love you and I know the happiness it will bring you. 

One thing you can do is simply to watch this video of our Prophets testimony of Christ. I just watched it a few minutes ago and I loved it:)

 
https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/president-monson-testifies-of-jesus-christ?cid=HP_TH_10-22-2015_dOCS_fPROP_xLIDyL1-A_&lang=eng

 Ok well I love you all!! Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment