Monday, November 30, 2015

When We Do Our Best, Our Best Improves


Hello friends and family,

 I woke up yesterday with body aches everywhere! I basically slept for 24 hours. I'm feeling a little weak but I am hoping and praying I will be able to work without interruption for the next 3 weeks. 

 I would like to share a few highlights from my week!

 On Tuesday, I was praying and I was thanking Heavenly Father for the birds chirping outside. I think there might be a nest close to our window. Three seconds after I said that, a bird ran into the window. hahaha it was funny! I said "no Heavenly Father, I said THANK YOU for the birds, I didn't say I WANT a bird."

 This week we had a member of the Quorum of the 70 come to visit us. His name is Elder Zeballos and he is from Chile. We learned many things that day but what stood out to me the most was when he answered the question "What is our best?" It is toward the end of my mission now and I have asked myself the question, "Did I do my best?" So it was a huge answer to my prayer when he told us this story:

    When Elder Zeballos lived in Chile, he lived close to the ocean on the beach. On the other side of him was a mountain. He didnt want to climb the mountian because it was too hot, but his son insisted that they climb the mountain together. "I'm too busy", said Elder Zeballos. Haha but his son grabbed his planner and found a day that he was going to be home and said, "We will climb the mountian on this day, you wont be busy." Elder Zeballos told him, "Ok, under one condition! We leave at 6:30 am this way we will leave before it gets too hot." They agreed. A few weeks later, Elder Zeballos thinks his son forgot about the arrangement they made, but he didn't. He came into his bedroom and woke him up. They climbed the mountain and when they got tot the top of the mountain they looked over at the beautiful beach on one side. When they turned to look at the other direction, they saw another mountain that they did not see before. They could only see the second mountain after they climbed the first. So it is when we do our best our best is always changing. When we climb to the top of one mountian, we see another mountain to be climbed. But each time we do our best, our best improves. So his son said, "Next week, we climb the second mountain." Haha and they did! It was a cute story. It helped me realize that I have done my best on my mission. But my best will continue to get better, which is what life is all about!

Dennis came to church yesterday! Dennis wants to be Mormon but his wife is a different religion. So after he went to church with his wife,  then came to our church and he loved it!!!! The whole high priest group (basically all the older men in our church) welcomed him! Dennis said he felt very at home. I know that this Gospel is a place for everyone to feel at home!

Sister Beaduette and I gave a talk at Haley's baptism on Saturday. The communication wasnt very clear and I thought I was the only one giving the talk. When we looked at the program it said "Sister Missionaries." Sister Beaudette was horrified! hahaha she is so shy...but she did really good! We talked about how the invitation to be baptized is like the invitation to become a princess and live with God again someday. 

The other night we hadn't found any new investigators in a while and we had an hour left until we needed to go inside. Sister Beaudette and I tried to pray very sincerely that we would be able to find someone to teach before we had to go in. We were walking and we met a lady named Tarran, she listened to us, took a Book of Mormon and invited us back! I am never surprised anymore to see those miracles and prayers answered, Heavenly Father hears us and He answers our prayers!

I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know that Jesus Christ can strengthen us when we need it. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ, the one that He is the head of. I know that God loves us so much that he guides us through personal revelation and also through His Prophets and Apostles on the earth today. I love the Gospel with all my heart!

I love you all and I will see you shortly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment