Monday, November 23, 2015

No Unclean Thing May Enter Into God's Presence

Oh boy, I just don't know what to write about today!! This week there were really good things that happened but there was a lot of unraveling of things too. 

I guess I will tell you about the big revelation I had this morning that was really cool!! You might not think its cool but I thought it was! We have a lot of people we teach, nonmembers and less actives that just don't make it to church! So this morning I was thinking about the Sacrament and how to help people understand what the Sacrament is. For those of you who don't know, the Sacrament is the bread and water that we take each Sunday. It represents the body and blood of Jesus Christ. We take it to renew our promise we made when we were baptized to basically live a Christ-centered life. Then Heavenly Father promises us that each time we take the Sacrament we can be cleansed of our sins and have the Holy Ghost with us. Like the scripture says, "The spirit doesn't dwell in unholy places." So we need to be cleansed in order to have the Spirit with us. Anyways, as I was studying this morning I realized that every scripture that says "baptism" can be replaced with "sacramant" because It is basically the same thing. Each time we take the Sacrament it is as if we are being baptized again. so that solves the problem when people ask, "Why do I need to go to church, I already believe in God." Because we need to be cleansed of our sins in order to be prepared to meet God!! That is one of many reasons why we need to go to church. Here is an example: 

And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of 
Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into 
the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s 
burdens, that they may be light;

 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those 
that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and 
in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be 
redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye 
may have eternal life—

 10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you 
against taking the sacrament in the name of the Lord, as a witness 
before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, 
that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his 
Spirit more abundantly upon you?

So basically the scripture is saying, if you want to follow Christ then why don't you take the Sacrament??? So that was my big revelation I had today. :)
 
We met this guy named Dennis this week, he is awesome!! And he knows everything about his family history. That is so unusual for people that aren't members of our church! He can talk and talk forever, he also teaches science and history. We call him grand-pa. He is pretty great, I hope he lets us to continue to come over.
Other stuff this week. I taught sister Beaudette how to pump gas and this week was the first week she did it by herself! While she was pumping the gas she was thinking, "What would happen if the car blew up." Then the gas was done and it clicked, she jumped like a foot in the air because it scared her hahaha it was so funny!!
 I cant remember if I told you but we teach a recent convert at Jack in the Box. We are regulars there now! I am also friends with the most famous homeless person in Long Beach, his name is Jerry. Last week he gave me a can of pears for Halloween and this week he gave me a brand new knitted blanket. I told him that I didn't want to take it from him but he insists ever time so I don't know what else to do but take it. haha!He is famous because he carries a cart around town with all of his belongings, so he is know as Jerry the cart man, and he is my friend. Haha!
 
Ok well I love you all, I hope you have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment