Sunday, August 10, 2014

Speed Week

This week in a nutshell, I went on exchanges and it was awesome because I lead the area for my first time. Which means I had to drive, know where everything is, plan the lessons and pretty much do everything. Heavenly Father knew this is what I needed because I was questioning my abilities and this gave me more confidence. Like "oh, I can be a missionary and teach lessons and talk to people on the street!" So thats what we did:)
I knocked my first door (where I actually talked the whole time) and I had a nice conversation with this lady about Jesus Christ but she was happy in her religion. So that was good, then we went to bring cookies to an investigator because her friend had just died. When we went over, her daughter and aunt were there. So I was able to teach all of them the Plan of Salvation. Heavenly Father richly blessed us:) Also, we went and visited a family that hadn't been active for a long time and when we knocked on their door they weren't suprised at all to see us and they invited us in. They said they just visited their family in Utah and while they had time to ponder in the car ride home they decided it was time that they started going to church again. They have a 6 year old daughter and I love them all so much! They are Tongan:) Also, they want to be sealed in the temple next year! That was such a miracle. The first lesson we had with them, we were all crying because the Spirit was so strong. 
Last week, a lady gave me and my companion a fig from her yard. It was kinda good! I have never had a fresh fig before! Tomorrow, I have to give a training to all the leaders in the mission. All of the zone leaders, the AP's, the sister training leaders, and the district leaders and I am soooo nervous! It's on teaching with enthusiasm. So it's weird because I'm a baby missionary teaching all the experienced missionaries. eeeeeeek. I will tell you how it goes next week! So that was my week:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment