Sunday, November 23, 2014

John 15:18

So Heavenly Father blessed us a lot this week. But since the time change, people are in their pajamas at like 7 o'clock (I don't blame them) but it is hard to go see people because they get mad that it is too late. So we have had to get creative. Last night we were able to write letters to people that we used to teach and members of our ward and we went and taped them to their doors:)...that was fun. On Saturday we helped with a city parade and we got to see all the highschool band, girl scout and cub scout troops, and the JROTC. It was super fun to see all the color guard outfits! It was also a huge miracle because we happened to run into some people that we had contacted earlier and we felt like Heavenly Father was trying to tell us that we need to teach them! We also got a really nice tans that day though we were really exhasted from being out in the sun for 5 hours! 
Hillary (our investigator who is getting baptized on November 22nd) is doing really good! He is so solid and he is so excited to get baptized:) We are excited too because we know the joy that it will bring into his life. We were teaching one of our less actives and I told him I liked to shoot guns back Colorado, so he proceeded to show me all of the guns he has. He was really excited because no one in California likes guns...haha! Twice this week we had pass-off lessons with the Elders and it was really cool to see how the Elders teach! I was very impressed:) 
We had a really awesome miracle day on friday! We were knocking doors because we have this potential investigator who lives on this particular street who seemed really solid but we didn't have their house number. So I told my companion we would knock all the doors so we can find them! (My companion hates knocking doors which is good because Heavenly Father always blesses us when we do it!) So we start knocking and it was pretty typical, people not home or not interested but then we came across a house and a guy answers the door. He told us he was already baptized! We were like "what no way!" It turns out that he is a Mackay (a really famous family in Cypress because it is such a big family.) Anyways, he is engaged and his fiancĂ©'s family had moved to Utah and joined the Church there. He said that he and his fiance were thinking of coming back to Church. He wants us to come back and teach his fiancĂ©! We were so excited and we didn't even know he lived there. It was a miracle straight from Heaven! I cant remember if I told you guys this story, but last week we were knocking doors because I told my companion if we knock this whole street that Heavenly Father will bless us with an investigator (I was kind of bluffing but I was praying hard it would happen) and then when we got to the end of the street there was girl carving pumkins and her brother was preparing to go on a mission and she had some questions! I guess her brother joined the Church about a year ago. We got to answer her questions and she was really interested in learning more. But she was 18 so we had to pass her off the the Singles Ward Elders. But we were there for that lesson and it was so powerful:) 
I love my mission. I am so grateful to be here and I know it is the work of God to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. In order to live with God again we need to have faith is Christ, repent, be baptized by someone holding the proper authority from God (because who wants someone to baptize then without the proper authority?) and then to endure to the end (which means never give up!) and thats all we need to do!! I'm grateful that I know who I am and what my purpose is on this earth. I just looove the Gospel and I looove the people in California, even if some of them can be mean. A scripture that really helps me when I face rejection is John 15:18 ,"If the world hate you, ya know that it hated me before it hated you."  This is Christ talking I feel like He is telling me,"Don't worry if people hate you for no reason.. they hated me too." Im grateful for the scriptures. I hope you all have a great week! Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment