Sunday, November 23, 2014

We Had a Party!

Hello friends!
Its been a great week! Except that I got sick so I slept for 2 days, but other than that its been good:) The highlight of my week was Saturday! You guys are going to think we are super disobedient missionaries but it was all a big accident...haha so! What happened is our investigator Hillary had a birthday! He wanted to have dinner with us. So we said yes of course and we suggested that we have it at a member's house so he can get to know people! Then all of his nieces and nephews wanted to come too, so thats 4 more people. Then we invited Sister Brown who is this sweet lady that loves Hillary. So we basically threw a party. And of course we had to make a cake.. so we spent Saturday baking and running to the UPS store to ship my companion's bike and then we had to go to the store to buy stuff and then we had to help the member cook dinner. Then! we had the party and it was sooooo fun!!!!! It was great I loved it!!!! and Hillary is getting baptized this weekend on Saturday!!!!! YAY!!!!! We are also teaching his nieces and nephews too:) I love them soooo much! I will send pictures:) 
That same day we went and saw an older lady named Sister Mackay and she made us go find her pine cones. That was the weirdest service project haha. There's not very many pine trees in Southern California! And I heard its been cold in Utah and Colorado.. well its still in the 70's here! So weird. It's literally the same everyday. I'm not complaining:) 
Well I have some extra time, let me share a scripture with you all. I read this this morning and I thought it really explained my purpose as a missionary. It says,"And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to His will. And my prayer to God is concerning my brethren, that they may once again come to the knowledge of God, yea, the redemption of Christ; that they may once again be a delightsome people." And i love that because it is true. I am here to bring everyone to Christ. That they can have the same hope that I have. That they can find happiness in their life because they will know how to make choices that lead them to meet their potential. The message we share of Christ helps people come closer to their families, it helps people know who they are, it helps everyone be "delightsome". Im so grateful for the Gospel that we can have truth in our life that leads to happiness in our lives. :) I love you guys, have a great week!

Our party!
A selfie with Sister Brown:)
My companion and I made a two story cake for the first time! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment