Monday, May 25, 2015

The Everyday Miracles Never Cease

This has been a beautiful, incredible, miracle filled week! 
The first miracle this week was that it rained! I think I can count on one or maybe two hands how many times it has rained in the last year. 
The second miracle is that our investigator Sarah who is getting married at the end of this month, and getting baptized next month, dumped out all of her coffee into the trash can. She has been suffering from headaches but she has been strong and she has quit drinking coffee! Woohoo! 
The third miracle is that I got to see so many people I love this week! Sister Lindsey came to visit her mission and we had lunch together. She is a past companion and very dear friend. I also got to see some other former companions and people from Cypress that I never get to see. There were tears of joy and hugs and smiles and laughs of old times!
The fourth miracle is that I got called to be a Sister Training Leader (STL). This means that I am a leader over a few of the sister companionships in our mission. This way they can come to someone if they need help. I also get to train them and be an example for them. It's kind of a big deal but not really, haha, just something that you look forward to in your mission. I have always looked up to my STL's and I cant imagine my mission without them so it is a privilage to be one myself! I pray that I can have an impact on my sisters like my STL's had on me. I am so excited! My new companion is Sister Culala and we will be serving in the Pleasant View Ward in the Huntington Beach South Stake. Sister Culala is from the Philippians and has been on her mission for around 10 months now I think.
So I have a funny story! We had a lesson with one of our investigators this week about the Law of Chastity. The Law of Chastity is having no sexual relations before you are married and all things in that category. So lessons can be awkward if you make them awkward. So I was doing most of the teaching and I turned to my companion and I said.."do you have anything to share or add to what I have said?" and she said..."no I think you covered all the bases" hahahahahahahahahaha we all died laughing. It was "punny."
I just wanted to add a short testimony to my blog today. I know that happiness is not found in the world but that it is found through Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. But it doesn't just come when you believe in Them (although it comes a little bit then), but it truly comes when you serve Them and when you follow Them. As members in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we follow Him. We  follow Jesus Christ and God our Eternal Father. Come join us. Many things help me to follow Jesus Christ and one of those things is having a prophet on the earth today. Of course I still have my personal relationship with Heavenly Father, so why do we need a prophet? Because the windows of Heaven are not closed. We didn't just have prophets in the old days but God calls prophets now and He gives them power just as He did Moses, Noah and Abraham. With this knowledge, I know that God is real and I need to be prepared to meet Him someday. He isn't going to add up everything I did right or wrong but He is going to see what and who I have become. I don't know about you, but I want to be prepared for that day. So does it come just from attending church on Sunday? No, it comes through being a Disciple of Christ and following Him at all times, in all things, and in all places. That might sound difficult but it is possible, we just have to keep trying and keep changing until the last day, and maybe even after that we will continue to change. Anyways, I know this Gospel is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ restored on the earth today and there is nothing more important in this world than that. So if you believe its true, then change and come join us in following our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I love you and leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment