Wednesday, June 17, 2015

He lives and He loves Us

This week has been soooooooooooooooooooo long! But I really love my new companion Sister Culala. She brings the mellow out in me because she is pretty quiet. It is super low stress and we teach really well together, so I am very blessed.
I also really love this area but since I have been moving around so much between Huntington Beach and Huntington Beach North, I get confused as to where I am, so when people ask I fumble through saying that I am in Pleasant View in Huntington Beach and I used to be in Beach Ward in Huntington Beach North, so I usually get something wrong and my companion corrects me. 
I went on my first exchange as an STL. That means we switched companions and I was in her area for a day. I helped Sister Amalaga organize her area book and helped her know how to train and lead an area. You probably don't know what that means but its all missionary stuff. It was so fun, we just laughed the whole time! She is from Samoa and all the Polys have a great sense of humor. We even found a new investigator the last 30 minutes of the exchange! It was a huge blessing!
Ah, I'm running out of time but I wanted to share this scripture found in the Book of Mormon, Moroni 7...

45 And charity suffereth long, and is kindand envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provokedthinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth...

I love this scripture. I know that this is not a to-do list for us but that we can read this scripture as characteristics of Jesus Christ. This is who Jesus Christ is and who we need to become. I know He lives, I know He loves us. I hope all is well at home! I love all my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment