Monday, June 29, 2015

I Am So Grateful For My Mission!

Well hello friends and family!!

I am so happy! We have 3 investigators that want to be baptized. One of them is getting baptized this weekend!! 

I have a few pictures, the first one is of my companion, Sister Culala and I at Sister Livingood's house. She doesn't come to church, so we go visit her and sing to her and share scriptures with her. She takes pride in her garden, it is her passion. She loves nature, her yard shows it! The miracle was this week when we went over, her daughter also joined us for our lesson. :) We love them a lot and I love her yard! You should see her backyard!

The second picture is from this morning, we had a zone activity and decided to throw a birthday party for Sister Ann Ward. She turned 83 today and this was her very first birthday party! She loves missionaries so it was fun to see how happy she was to see all of us there. After we ate, we sang hymns to her and we talked to her about her life. It was so fun! I just sat there watching the Elders play basketball thinking of how grateful I am for my mission. I have exactly 6 months left so I was just thinking of everything I've done, the people I have met and then who I want to be when I am done. The only thing I am excited about is seeing my family, but I am not very excited about joining the real world again, maybe that will change.

I wanted to share a poem with you!! Its called "How do I love thee?"

“I love you, Mother,” said little John;
Then forgetting his work, his cap went on,
And he was off to the garden swing,
Leaving Mother the wood and the water to bring.
I love you, Mother,” said rosy Nell,
“I love you more than words can tell.”
So she teased and she pouted half the day,
Till Mother rejoiced when she went to play.
“I love you, Mother,” said little Fan,
“Today I’ll help you all I can.
How glad I am that school doesn’t keep.”
So she rocked the baby till he fell asleep.
Then stepping softly, she fetched the broom,
Swept the floor, tidied the room.
Busy and happy all day was she,
Busy and happy as a child could be.
“I love you, Mother,” again they said,
Three little children going to bed.
Now how do you think that mother guessed
Which of them really loved her best?
I love this poem because it makes me think of Heavenly Father. I want to do all I can to show him that I love him by obeying Him, following Him, and helping others do the same. I hope you all have a beautiful, vibrant, and blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment