Monday, May 25, 2015

Without Jesus Christ, Life has no Purpose.

Well this week has been great! We found 6 new investigators and set another baptismal date! We feel very blessed, these are real people that want to come closer to Jesus Christ.
My favorite part of my week was yesterday at church. There is a man named Brother Gardiner and he was looking things up on the internet about science to try to understand the universe and God more. He said it did the opposite effect, it made him have questions and doubts. So he asked if we could come share some lessons with him. We taught him the Restoration of the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation. Then yesterday, he looked at me right in the eyes and told me that we changed his attitude and his feelings. That he was no longer having these questions and we helped strengthen his testimony. Of course, it was the Holy Ghost that bears witness of all truth but I was grateful that he was able to feel a change when he went back to the basic foundation of his knowledge. At the time of Jesus Christ, people were beginning to chase Him away and wanted to stone Him and take His life. It always makes my heart wrench when I picture Jesus having to run from people who wanted to kill him. The scriptures say, 
"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God."
I know that Jesus Christ is the only way to find true peace and happiness in this life and in the life to come. I will always choose to follow and believe in Him, because without Him we have an awful world to live in and no reason behind it. But with Him, we know that there is purpose and that there is hope. I love Him and I believe He is my Savior and Redeemer. When we taught Brother Gardiner.. he knew there was no where else to go but to believe in Jesus Christ. We offered him this video about how to bring science and religion together. I wanted to share it with you guys! Its really short! 


I hope you have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment