Monday, December 29, 2014

This Christmas I am Going to Thank Heavenly Father for Our Savior Jesus Christ

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!! Can you believe its Christmas?? I cant! I get to call home! yay! Thank you to everyone who sent me cards and packages!! They made me so happy and filled my heart with exceedingly great joy haha...That point in the mission when you quote scriptures all the time. But seriously it is the only way I can express how I felt:) 

Heavenly Father blessed us so much this week! We had 3 investigators come to church and 2 members brought nonmember friends! It was such a great Sacrament Service with lots of music, singing, and thinking about Christ:) Those are the best! 

Hillary received the Priesthood this week! He also got a calling as a Gospel Principles teacher!!!!!! I am so excited for him!! I have the best convert ever, he is so awesome! I want all of you to meet him some day. He is the happiest person I know!

Well it turns out that I am really bad at reaching my goals. From week to week I never reach my goals! So this is a problem because then Sister P wasn't meeting her goals because I wasn't meeting mine.. and then it was hard to set goals for our investigators when I cant even reach my own goals. Partially because there is a million and one things to remember and do as a missionary I pretty much just forget my goals. So the zone leaders gave me a training on it this week and it helped a lot!! I have met my goals for 2 days in a row now:) yay! So after 3 days it is really put to the test. Thats how long I usually last. I will let you guys know next week:)

I lost my planner this week which is the worst thing ever!!!! And my greenie isnt that great at writing everything down yet. So.... I've been kind of lost lately! I lost it because we moved from one members house to another members house. But, it will be ok:)

Ok funny story..Its not that funny. But we had to move houses because our member, Sister Larsen has her grandsons coming to stay with her for Christmas and they are our age. So there is a rule on the mission that you cant be in the same room/house as someone of the opposite sex unless there is 3 people of the same sex there. So we were going to try to look for my planner but when we opended the door, and her grandson was there. We were trying to explain to him why we couldnt come in but he just thought we were SO weird. I was like.. ya.. we are weird. We have weird rules and we are teenagers dressed like grandma's. But its ok because we are happy! My mom likes me.. <-- I think that all the time haha 

Well I just love this time of year! I am so grateful to be on my mission for Christmas. I have no doubt that Christ walked the Earth and He lived a perfect life and that He suffered for each of us. He was the gift that our Heavenly Father gave to us so we can live with Him again. So what can we give back to Him? Instead of gold, frankincense and myrrh, what can we give to the baby Jesus this Christmas? What has He given you? I will tell you what He has given me. He has given me hope that everything will be ok in the end. He has given me peace because I know He loves me. He has given me an example to follow in my life. Each time I think of Him my heart skips a beat because I know He is real. So what am I going to give to Him this Christmas? Well, I am going to share His message with as many people as I can. I am going to pray and thank Heavenly Father for my Savior Jesus Christ. I love you guys and have a Merry Christmas!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment