Monday, September 28, 2015

Jesus Christ is the Best Teacher

Its been a really crazy week!! Like really crazy!!! But I dont want to get into all the details!

I got my first set of trunky papers:( That means they need to buy my plane ticket for home. I cried a little but then my companion made me laugh. 
One of our investigators is so so nice, she wants to feed us everytime we go over there! But we go over at 6 pm and our dinner is from 5 to 6, where we have already been fed. So we have had double dinners 4 times this week. We need to tell her!! Im gaining weight!

We have had a goal this week to invite someone to be baptized everyday. It has brought a lot of miracles! We invited one of our investigators to be baptized the first lesson and now he has a date set for September 26th! Then we saw him again Sunday morning and we were able to teach his roommate who then came to church!! It was so cool:) He basically taught US the whole Plan of Salvation just from studying the Bible. He considers himself  "A ollower of Jesus Christ" but he has all of our same beliefs. We were like "your already Mormon!!" 
Funny story, we were done planning and we heard someone knock on the door. It was after 10 at night so we were a little scared, but we answered it..... and it was the pizza guy! haha. It was the wrong house. 

We have this other investigator that is so awesome, he has a radio show called "Deep Thoughts" so he asks really deep questions!! His mind thinks in a different way and it is so fun to teach him. 
I just love our investigators right now!

On a more spiritual note.. this week I have been studying the scripture Matt. 11:28-30

28 aCome unto me, all ye that blabour and are heavy laden, and I will give you crest.
 29 Take my ayoke upon you, and blearn of me; for I amcmeek and dlowly in eheart: and ye shall find frest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is aeasy, and my burden is light
this may seem random but think for a moment what it would be like to be invited to the white house to speak with the president of the united states. or you had a friend of taylor swift come over and tell you that you are personally invited to go to her house to hang out with her in a small gorup. ok maybe neither of these appeal to you but the point is that when you are "invited" to go somewhere with someone you think is important, it feels good. in this scripture Jesus Christ is inviting us to "come."

Jesus Christ is inviting us to drop what we are doing and follow Him. Then He promises us that it will be easier and happier. He is the best teacher. I try to emulate His example as I teach and talk to people.

This made me really happy, we had our first exchange of the transfer this week and Sister A told me that I was her favorite STL:) That was so so nice. She told me that Im really spiritual and she always looks forward to our exchanges. I dont think that I am really spiritual but I want to be! So that made me really happy.

I will also share a few secrets of the universe I learned from President Tew this week. 1. We need to see opportunity when there is not opportunity, try to find the best in every situation. 2. When we do something more, we get better at it, dont give up. 3. Nothing succeeds like success, when you are successful, it brings more success.
I feel like I am coming home really soon. December 15th in case anyone forgot. yikes! Ok I love you all, have a good week!

This is Sister Miller, we went to get shaved ice at Bahama Bucks and they had a photo booth!!


No comments:

Post a Comment